RHEL 7 : JBoss EAP (RHSA-2018:2424)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 112030
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications based on the JBoss Application Server.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1.4 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1.3, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
Security Fix(es) :
* guava: Unbounded memory allocation in AtomicDoubleArray and CompoundOrdering classes allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CVE-2018-10237)
* bouncycastle: flaw in the low-level interface to RSA key pair generator (CVE-2018-1000180)
* cxf: Improper size validation in message attachment header for JAX-WS and JAX-RS services (CVE-2017-12624)
* wildfly: wildfly-core: Path traversal can allow the extraction of .war archives to write arbitrary files (CVE-2018-10862)
* cxf-core: apache-cxf: TLS hostname verification does not work correctly with com.sun.net.ssl.* (CVE-2018-8039)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.