Fedora 27 : httpd (2018-c3dc008c54)
High Nessus Plugin ID 111401
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update includes the latest upstream release,
**httpd 2.4.34**, with multiple bug fixes and enhancements. See http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.4.34 for more information on the changes in this version.
A security vulnerability is addressed in this update :
- `mod_md`: DoS via Coredumps on specially crafted requests (CVE-2018-8011) The following changes are also included in this update :
- The post-transaction scriptlet to restart `httpd.service` no longer blocks waiting for the restart to complete.
- `mod_ssl` now supports loading private keys (and associated certificates) from a PKCS#11 provider. Use a `pkcs11:` URI in the `SSLCertificateKeyFile` (and optionally `SSLCertificateFile`) directive(s).
- An example Lua-based `server-status.conf` is packaged in the docdir
- `httpd` now Obsoletes `mod_proxy_uwsgi` (RHBZ#1599113)
- `mod_systemd` now logs listening ports at startup
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected httpd package.