New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.5
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-oracle is now available for Oracle Java for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Oracle Java SE version 8 includes the Oracle Java Runtime Environment and the Oracle Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades Oracle Java SE 8 to version 8 Update 181.
Security Fix(es) :
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JavaFX) (CVE-2018-2941)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 8u181 and 10.0.2 (Deployment) (CVE-2018-2964)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (Libraries) (CVE-2018-2940)
* OpenJDK: insufficient index validation in PatternSyntaxException getMessage () (Concurrency, 8199547) (CVE-2018-2952)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JSSE) (CVE-2018-2973)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.