RHEL 6 : java-1.8.0-oracle (RHSA-2018:2256)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 111327
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-oracle is now available for Oracle Java for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Oracle Java SE version 8 includes the Oracle Java Runtime Environment and the Oracle Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades Oracle Java SE 8 to version 8 Update 181.
Security Fix(es) :
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JavaFX) (CVE-2018-2941)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 8u181 and 10.0.2 (Deployment) (CVE-2018-2964)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (Libraries) (CVE-2018-2940)
* OpenJDK: insufficient index validation in PatternSyntaxException getMessage () (Concurrency, 8199547) (CVE-2018-2952)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u201, 7u191, 8u181, and 10.0.2 (JSSE) (CVE-2018-2973)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.