RHEL 7 : ansible (RHSA-2018:2166)
High Nessus Plugin ID 111030
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for ansible is now available for Ansible Engine 2.6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security
impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each
vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Ansible is a simple model-driven configuration management, multi-node
deployment, and remote-task execution system. Ansible works over SSH
and does not require any software or daemons to be installed on remote
nodes. Extension modules can be written in any language and are
transferred to managed machines automatically.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version:
Security fix(es) :
* ansible: Inventory variables are loaded from current working
directory when running ad-hoc command that can lead to code execution
* ansible: ansible.cfg is being read from current working directory
allowing possible code execution (CVE-2018-10875)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a
CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s)
listed in the References section.
This issue was discovered by Brian Coca (Red Hat), and Michael Scherer
Bug Fix(es) :
* Fix junos_config confirm commit timeout issue
* file module - The touch subcommand had its diff output broken during
the 2.6.x development cycle. The patch to fix that broke check mode.
This is now fixed (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/42111)
* inventory manager - This fixes required options being populated
before the inventory config file is read, so the required options may
be set in the config file.
* nsupdate - allow hmac-sha384
* win_domain - fixes typo in one of the AD cmdlets
* win_group_membership - uses the internal Ansible SID conversion
logic and uses that when comparing group membership instead of the
name https:// github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/40649
SolutionUpdate the affected ansible package.