Fedora 27 : botan2 (2018-98ab6b4e56)
High Nessus Plugin ID 111016
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionUpdate Botan2 to 2.7.0.
Focus of this release is on performance and side channel hardening.
- Address side channels in RSA key generation and ECDSA signing
- Side channel hardening in many core algorithms (modular exponentiation, ECC scalar multiply, Karatsuba multiplication, Barrett reduction, etc) to reduce the risk of future exploitable side channels.
- Many optimizations for ECC operations, RSA (including key gen), DSA, DH, and XMSS. Typical speedups vs 2.6.0 is 10 to 40% depending on operation and key size.
- Add Scrypt password hashing. Also supported is using Scrypt to derive keys for private key encryption (format compatible with upcoming OpenSSL 1.1.1)
- Add base32 encoding/decoding
- Plus many bug fixes and smaller enhancements documented in the [release notes](https://botan.randombit.net/news.html#version-2-7
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected botan2 package.