Scientific Linux Security Update : kernel on SL6.x i386/x86_64 (20180619) (Spectre)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110887
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- An industry-wide issue was found in the way many modern microprocessor designs have implemented speculative execution of Load & Store instructions (a commonly used performance optimization). It relies on the presence of a precisely-defined instruction sequence in the privileged code as well as the fact that memory read from address to which a recent memory write has occurred may see an older value and subsequently cause an update into the microprocessor's data cache even for speculatively executed instructions that never actually commit (retire). As a result, an unprivileged attacker could use this flaw to read privileged memory by conducting targeted cache side-channel attacks.
- kernel: net/packet: overflow in check for priv area size (CVE-2017-7308)
- kernel: AIO interface didn't use rw_verify_area() for checking mandatory locking on files and size of access (CVE-2012-6701)
- kernel: AIO write triggers integer overflow in some protocols (CVE-2015-8830)
- kernel: NULL pointer dereference via keyctl (CVE-2016-8650)
- kernel: ping socket / AF_LLC connect() sin_family race (CVE-2017-2671)
- kernel: Race condition between multiple sys_perf_event_open() calls (CVE-2017-6001)
- kernel: Incorrect error handling in the set_mempolicy and mbind compat syscalls in mm/mempolicy.c (CVE-2017-7616)
- kernel: mm subsystem does not properly enforce the CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM protection mechanism (CVE-2017-7889)
- kernel: Double free in the inet_csk_clone_lock function in net/ipv4/inet_connection_sock.c (CVE-2017-8890)
- kernel: net: sctp_v6_create_accept_sk function mishandles inheritance (CVE-2017-9075)
- kernel: net: IPv6 DCCP implementation mishandles inheritance (CVE-2017-9076)
- kernel: net: tcp_v6_syn_recv_sock function mishandles inheritance (CVE-2017-9077)
- kernel: memory leak when merging buffers in SCSI IO vectors (CVE-2017-12190)
- kernel: vfs: BUG in truncate_inode_pages_range() and fuse client (CVE-2017-15121)
- kernel: Race condition in drivers/md/dm.c:dm_get_from_kobject() allows local users to cause a denial of service (CVE-2017-18203)
- kernel: a NULL pointer dereference in net/dccp/output.c:dccp_write_xmit() leads to a system crash (CVE-2018-1130)
- kernel: Missing length check of payload in net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c:_sctp_make_chunk() function allows denial of service (CVE-2018-5803)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.