EulerOS 2.0 SP2 : ruby (EulerOS-SA-2018-1206)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110870
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ruby packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was found that the tmpdir and tempfile modules did not sanitize their file name argument. An attacker with control over the name could create temporary files and directories outside of the dedicated directory.(CVE-2018-6914)
- A integer underflow was found in the way String#unpack decodes the unpacking format. An attacker, able to control the unpack format, could use this flaw to disclose arbitrary parts of the application's memory.(CVE-2018-8778)
- It was found that the UNIXSocket::open and UNIXServer::open ruby methods did not handle the NULL byte properly. An attacker, able to inject NULL bytes in the socket path, could possibly trigger an unspecified behavior of the ruby script.(CVE-2018-8779)
- It was found that the methods from the Dir class did not properly handle strings containing the NULL byte.
An attacker, able to inject NULL bytes in a path, could possibly trigger an unspecified behavior of the ruby script.(CVE-2018-8780)
- It was found that WEBrick could be forced to use an excessive amount of memory during the processing of HTTP requests, leading to a Denial of Service. An attacker could use this flaw to send huge requests to a WEBrick application, resulting in the server running out of memory.(CVE-2018-8777)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ruby packages.