EulerOS 2.0 SP3 : curl (EulerOS-SA-2018-1203)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110867
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the curl packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was found that libcurl did not safely parse FTP URLs when using the CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD method. An attacker, able to provide a specially crafted FTP URL to an application using libcurl, could write a NULL byte at an arbitrary location, resulting in a crash, or an unspecified behavior.(CVE-2018-1000120)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way libcurl checks values returned by the openldap ldap_get_attribute_ber() function. A malicious LDAP server could use this flaw to crash a libcurl client application via a specially crafted LDAP reply.(CVE-2018-1000121)
- A buffer over-read exists in curl 7.20.0 to and including curl 7.58.0 in the RTSP+RTP handling code that allows an attacker to cause a denial of service or information leakage(CVE-2018-1000122)
- curl version curl 7.20.0 to and including curl 7.59.0 contains a Buffer Over-read vulnerability in denial of service that can result in curl can be tricked into reading data beyond the end of a heap based buffer used to store downloaded rtsp content.(CVE-2018-1000301)
- curl version curl 7.20.0 to and including curl 7.59.0 contains a Buffer Over-read vulnerability in denial of service that can result in curl can be tricked into reading data beyond the end of a heap based buffer used to store downloaded rtsp content.(CVE-2016-9586)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected curl packages.