RHEL 7 : ansible (RHSA-2018:2022)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110794
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for ansible is now available for Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.4 for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Ansible is a simple model-driven configuration management, multi-node deployment, and remote-task execution system. Ansible works over SSH and does not require any software or daemons to be installed on remote nodes. Extension modules can be written in any language and are transferred to managed machines automatically.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version:
Security fix(es) :
* ansible: Ansible through version 2.5 does not properly honour the no_log option with failed task iterations. When a list of secret items is supplied to a task and a task iteration fails, secrets can be disclosed in logs despite the no_log option being enabled.
Red Hat would like to thank Tobias Henkel (BMW Car IT GmbH) for reporting these issues.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Fixed win_copy to preserve the global Ansible local tmp path instead of deleting it when dealing with multiple files (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/37964)
* Fixed Windows setup.ps1 for slow performance in large domain environments (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/38646)
* Fixed eos_logging idempotency issue when trying to set both logging destination & facility (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/40604)
* Fixed ios_logging idempotency issue when trying to set both logging destination & facility (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/41076)
See https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/v126.96.36.199-1/CHANGELOG.md for details on this release.
SolutionUpdate the affected ansible and / or ansible-doc packages.