RHEL 7 : ansible (RHSA-2018:1949)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 110654
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for ansible is now available for Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.5 for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Ansible is a simple model-driven configuration management, multi-node deployment, and remote-task execution system. Ansible works over SSH and does not require any software or daemons to be installed on remote nodes. Extension modules can be written in any language and are transferred to managed machines automatically.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version:
Security fix(es) :
* ansible: Ansible through version 2.5 does not properly honour the no_log option with failed task iterations. When a list of secret items is supplied to a task and a task iteration fails, secrets can be disclosed in logs despite the no_log option being enabled.
Red Hat would like to thank Tobias Henkel (BMW Car IT GmbH) for reporting these issues.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Changed the admin_users config option to not include 'admin' by default as admin is frequently used for a non-privileged account (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/41164)
* aws_s3 - add async support to the action plugin (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/40826)
* aws_s3 - fix decrypting vault files (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/39634)
* ec2_ami - cast the device_mapping volume size to an int (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/40938)
* eos_logging - fix idempotency issues (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/40604)
* cache plugins - a cache timeout of 0 means the cache will not expire.
* ios_logging - fix idempotency issues (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/41029)
* ios/nxos/eos_config - don't retrieve config in running_config when config is provided for diff (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/41400)
* nxos_banner - fix multiline banner issue (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/41026).
* nxos terminal plugin - fix output truncation (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/40960)
* nxos_l3_interface - fix no switchport issue with loopback and svi interfaces (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/37392).
* nxos_snapshot - fix compare_option (https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/41386)
See https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/v2.5.5/changelogs/CHANGELOG-v2 .5.rst for details on this release.
SolutionUpdate the affected ansible and / or ansible-doc packages.