CentOS 7 : kernel (CESA-2018:1318)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110245
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: KVM: error in exception handling leads to wrong debug stack value (CVE-2018-1087)
* Kernel: error in exception handling leads to DoS (CVE-2018-8897)
* Kernel: ipsec: xfrm: use-after-free leading to potential privilege escalation (CVE-2017-16939)
* kernel: Out-of-bounds write via userland offsets in ebt_entry struct in netfilter/ebtables.c (CVE-2018-1068)
* kernel: ptrace() incorrect error handling leads to corruption and DoS (CVE-2018-1000199)
* kernel: guest kernel crash during core dump on POWER9 host (CVE-2018-1091)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Andy Lutomirski for reporting CVE-2018-1087 and CVE-2018-1000199 and Nick Peterson (Everdox Tech LLC) and Andy Lutomirski for reporting CVE-2018-8897.
Bug Fix(es) :
These updated kernel packages include also numerous bug fixes. Space precludes documenting all of these bug fixes in this advisory. See the bug fix descriptions in the related Knowledge Article:
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.