SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu-kvm package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- QEMU (aka Quick Emulator), when built with the VGA display emulator support, allows local guest OS privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and QEMU process crash) via vectors involving display update.(CVE-2017-13672)
- Use-after-free vulnerability in the sofree function in slirp/socket.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allows attackers to cause a denial of service (QEMU instance crash) by leveraging failure to properly clear ifq_so from pending packets.(CVE-2017-13711)
- VNC server implementation in Quick Emulator (QEMU) 2.11.0 and older was found to be vulnerable to an unbounded memory allocation issue, as it did not throttle the framebuffer updates sent to its client. If the client did not consume these updates, VNC server allocates growing memory to hold onto this data. A malicious remote VNC client could use this flaw to cause DoS to the server host.(CVE-2017-15124)
- Qemu through 2.10.0 allows remote attackers to cause a memory leak by triggering slow data-channel read operations, related to io/channel-websock.c.(CVE-2017-15268)
- The vga_draw_text function in Qemu allows local OS guest privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and QEMU process crash) by leveraging improper memory address validation.(CVE-2018-5683)
- Quick Emulator (aka QEMU), when built with the Cirrus CLGD 54xx VGA Emulator support, allows local guest OS privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds access and QEMU process crash) by leveraging incorrect region calculation when updating VGA display.(CVE-2018-7858)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.