New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update upgrades Thunderbird to version 52.8.0.
Security Fix(es) :
- Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60 and Firefox ESR 52.8 (CVE-2018-5150)
- Mozilla: Backport critical security fixes in Skia (CVE-2018-5183)
- Mozilla: Use-after-free with SVG animations and clip paths (CVE-2018-5154)
- Mozilla: Use-after-free with SVG animations and text paths (CVE-2018-5155)
- Mozilla: Integer overflow and out-of-bounds write in Skia (CVE-2018-5159)
- Mozilla: Full plaintext recovery in S/MIME via chosen-ciphertext attack (CVE-2018-5184)
- Mozilla: Hang via malformed headers (CVE-2018-5161)
- Mozilla: Encrypted mail leaks plaintext through src attribute (CVE-2018-5162)
- Mozilla: Lightweight themes can be installed without user interaction (CVE-2018-5168)
- Mozilla: Filename spoofing for external attachments (CVE-2018-5170)
- Mozilla: Buffer overflow during UTF-8 to Unicode string conversion through legacy extension (CVE-2018-5178)
- Mozilla: Leaking plaintext through HTML forms (CVE-2018-5185)
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird and / or thunderbird-debuginfo packages.