RHEL 7 : java-1.8.0-ibm (RHSA-2018:1721)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 110115
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Supplementary.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP15.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: unrestricted deserialization of data from JCEKS key stores (Security, 8189997) (CVE-2018-2794)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u191, 7u171, and 8u161 (Security) (CVE-2018-2783)
* OpenJDK: insufficient consistency checks in deserialization of multiple classes (Security, 8189977) (CVE-2018-2795)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in PriorityBlockingQueue (Concurrency, 8189981) (CVE-2018-2796)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in TabularDataSupport (JMX, 8189985) (CVE-2018-2797)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Container (AWT, 8189989) (CVE-2018-2798)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in NamedNodeMapImpl (JAXP, 8189993) (CVE-2018-2799)
* OpenJDK: RMI HTTP transport enabled by default (RMI, 8193833) (CVE-2018-2800)
* OpenJDK: incorrect merging of sections in the JAR manifest (Security, 8189969) (CVE-2018-2790)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.