SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:1725 :
An update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 52.8.0.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60 and Firefox ESR 52.8 (CVE-2018-5150)
* Mozilla: Backport critical security fixes in Skia (CVE-2018-5183)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free with SVG animations and clip paths (CVE-2018-5154)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free with SVG animations and text paths (CVE-2018-5155)
* Mozilla: Integer overflow and out-of-bounds write in Skia (CVE-2018-5159)
* Mozilla: Full plaintext recovery in S/MIME via chosen-ciphertext attack (CVE-2018-5184)
* Mozilla: Hang via malformed headers (CVE-2018-5161)
* Mozilla: Encrypted mail leaks plaintext through src attribute (CVE-2018-5162)
* Mozilla: Lightweight themes can be installed without user interaction (CVE-2018-5168)
* Mozilla: Filename spoofing for external attachments (CVE-2018-5170)
* Mozilla: Buffer overflow during UTF-8 to Unicode string conversion through legacy extension (CVE-2018-5178)
* Mozilla: Leaking plaintext through HTML forms (CVE-2018-5185)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting CVE-2018-5150, CVE-2018-5154, CVE-2018-5155, CVE-2018-5159, CVE-2018-5168, CVE-2018-5178, and CVE-2018-5183. Upstream acknowledges Christoph Diehl, Randell Jesup, Tyson Smith, Alex Gaynor, Ronald Crane, Julian Hector, Kannan Vijayan, Jason Kratzer, Mozilla Developers, Nils, Ivan Fratric, Wladimir Palant, and Root Object as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird package.