New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- Kernel: KVM: error in exception handling leads to wrong debug stack value (CVE-2018-1087)
- Kernel: error in exception handling leads to DoS (CVE-2018-8897)
- Kernel: ipsec: xfrm: use-after-free leading to potential privilege escalation (CVE-2017-16939)
- kernel: Out-of-bounds write via userland offsets in ebt_entry struct in netfilter/ebtables.c (CVE-2018-1068)
- kernel: ptrace() incorrect error handling leads to corruption and DoS (CVE-2018-1000199)
- kernel: guest kernel crash during core dump on POWER9 host (CVE-2018-1091)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.