RHEL 7 : kernel-rt (RHSA-2018:1355)
High Nessus Plugin ID 109642
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: KVM: error in exception handling leads to wrong debug stack value (CVE-2018-1087)
* Kernel: error in exception handling leads to DoS (CVE-2018-8897)
* Kernel: ipsec: xfrm: use-after-free leading to potential privilege escalation (CVE-2017-16939)
* kernel: Out-of-bounds write via userland offsets in ebt_entry struct in netfilter/ebtables.c (CVE-2018-1068)
* kernel: ptrace() incorrect error handling leads to corruption and DoS (CVE-2018-1000199)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Andy Lutomirski for reporting CVE-2018-1087 and CVE-2018-1000199 and Nick Peterson (Everdox Tech LLC) and Andy Lutomirski for reporting CVE-2018-8897.
Bug Fix(es) :
* The kernel-rt packages have been upgraded to the 3.10.0-862.2.3 source tree, which provides a number of bug fixes over the previous version. (BZ# 1549768)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.