Oracle Linux 6 : kernel (ELSA-2018-1319) (Meltdown)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 109629
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:1319 :
An update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* hw: cpu: speculative execution permission faults handling (CVE-2017-5754, x86 32-bit)
* Kernel: error in exception handling leads to DoS (CVE-2018-8897)
* kernel: nfsd: Incorrect handling of long RPC replies (CVE-2017-7645)
* kernel: Use-after-free vulnerability in DCCP socket (CVE-2017-8824)
* kernel: v4l2: disabled memory access protection mechanism allowing privilege escalation (CVE-2017-13166)
* kernel: netfilter: use-after-free in tcpmss_mangle_packet function in net/ netfilter/xt_TCPMSS.c (CVE-2017-18017)
* kernel: Stack information leak in the EFS element (CVE-2017-1000410)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Google Project Zero for reporting CVE-2017-5754; Nick Peterson (Everdox Tech LLC) and Andy Lutomirski for reporting CVE-2018-8897; Mohamed Ghannam for reporting CVE-2017-8824; and Armis Labs for reporting CVE-2017-1000410.
Bug Fix(es) :
These updated kernel packages include also numerous bug fixes. Space precludes documenting all of these bug fixes in this advisory. See the bug fix descriptions in the related Knowledge Article:
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.