EulerOS 2.0 SP2 : libxml2 (EulerOS-SA-2018-1089)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 109487
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the libxml2 packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Use-after-free vulnerability in libxml2 through 2.9.4, as used in Google Chrome before 52.0.2743.82, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via vectors related to the XPointer range-to function.(CVE-2016-5131)
- parser.c in libxml2 before 2.9.5 mishandles parameter-entity references because the NEXTL macro calls the xmlParserHandlePEReference function in the case of a '%' character in a DTD name.(CVE-2017-16931)
- parser.c in libxml2 before 2.9.5 does not prevent infinite recursion in parameter entities.)CVE-2017-16932)
- A flaw in libxml2 allows remote XML entity inclusion with default parser flags (i.e., when the caller did not request entity substitution, DTD validation, external DTD subset loading, or default DTD attributes). Depending on the context, this may expose a higher-risk attack surface in libxml2 not usually reachable with default parser flags, and expose content from local files, HTTP, or FTP servers (which might be otherwise unreachable).(CVE-2017-7375)
- Buffer overflow in libxml2 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by leveraging an incorrect limit for port values when handling redirects.(CVE-2017-7376)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected libxml2 packages.