New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- glibc: realpath() buffer underflow when getcwd() returns relative path allows privilege escalation (CVE-2018-1000001)
- glibc: Buffer overflow in glob with GLOB_TILDE (CVE-2017-15670)
- glibc: Buffer overflow during unescaping of user names with the ~ operator (CVE-2017-15804)
- glibc: denial of service in getnetbyname function (CVE-2014-9402)
- glibc: DNS resolver NULL pointer dereference with crafted record type (CVE-2015-5180)
- glibc: Fragmentation attacks possible when EDNS0 is enabled (CVE-2017-12132)
Additional Changes :
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.