CentOS 7 : qemu-kvm (CESA-2018:0816)
High Nessus Plugin ID 109372
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link (s) in the References section.
Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM.
Security Fix(es) :
* Qemu: vga: OOB read access during display update (CVE-2017-13672)
* Qemu: Slirp: use-after-free when sending response (CVE-2017-13711)
* Qemu: memory exhaustion through framebuffer update request message in VNC server (CVE-2017-15124)
* Qemu: I/O: potential memory exhaustion via websock connection to VNC (CVE-2017-15268)
* Qemu: Out-of-bounds read in vga_draw_text routine (CVE-2018-5683)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank David Buchanan for reporting CVE-2017-13672; Wjjzhang (Tencent.com) for reporting CVE-2017-13711;
and Jiang Xin and Lin ZheCheng for reporting CVE-2018-5683. The CVE-2017-15124 issue was discovered by Daniel Berrange (Red Hat).
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.