New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.6.0-sun is now available for Oracle Java for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Oracle Java SE version 6 includes the Oracle Java Runtime Environment and the Oracle Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades Oracle Java SE 6 to version 6 Update 191.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: incorrect handling of Reference clones can lead to sandbox bypass (Hotspot, 8192025) (CVE-2018-2814)
* OpenJDK: unrestricted deserialization of data from JCEKS key stores (Security, 8189997) (CVE-2018-2794)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 6u191, 7u171, and 8u161 (Security) (CVE-2018-2783)
* OpenJDK: insufficient consistency checks in deserialization of multiple classes (Security, 8189977) (CVE-2018-2795)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in TabularDataSupport (JMX, 8189985) (CVE-2018-2797)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Container (AWT, 8189989) (CVE-2018-2798)
* OpenJDK: RMI HTTP transport enabled by default (RMI, 8193833) (CVE-2018-2800)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in StubIORImpl (Serialization, 8192757) (CVE-2018-2815)
* OpenJDK: incorrect merging of sections in the JAR manifest (Security, 8189969) (CVE-2018-2790)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.