New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:1188 :
An update for java-1.8.0-openjdk is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The java-1.8.0-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 8 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 8 Java Software Development Kit.
Security Fix(es) :
* OpenJDK: incorrect handling of Reference clones can lead to sandbox bypass (Hotspot, 8192025) (CVE-2018-2814)
* OpenJDK: unrestricted deserialization of data from JCEKS key stores (Security, 8189997) (CVE-2018-2794)
* OpenJDK: insufficient consistency checks in deserialization of multiple classes (Security, 8189977) (CVE-2018-2795)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in PriorityBlockingQueue (Concurrency, 8189981) (CVE-2018-2796)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in TabularDataSupport (JMX, 8189985) (CVE-2018-2797)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Container (AWT, 8189989) (CVE-2018-2798)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in NamedNodeMapImpl (JAXP, 8189993) (CVE-2018-2799)
* OpenJDK: RMI HTTP transport enabled by default (RMI, 8193833) (CVE-2018-2800)
* OpenJDK: unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in StubIORImpl (Serialization, 8192757) (CVE-2018-2815)
* OpenJDK: incorrect merging of sections in the JAR manifest (Security, 8189969) (CVE-2018-2790)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Note: If the web browser plug-in provided by the icedtea-web package was installed, the issues exposed via Java applets could have been exploited without user interaction if a user visited a malicious website.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.8.0-openjdk packages.