Open Port Re-check
Info Nessus Plugin ID 10919
SynopsisPreviously open ports are now closed.
DescriptionOne of several ports that were previously open are now closed or unresponsive.
There are several possible reasons for this :
- The scan may have caused a service to freeze or stop running.
- An administrator may have stopped a particular service during the scanning process.
This might be an availability problem related to the following :
- A network outage has been experienced during the scan, and the remote network cannot be reached anymore by the scanner.
- This scanner may has been blacklisted by the system administrator or by an automatic intrusion detection / prevention system that detected the scan.
- The remote host is now down, either because a user turned it off during the scan or because a select denial of service was effective.
In any case, the audit of the remote host might be incomplete and may need to be done again.
Solution- Increase checks_read_timeout and/or reduce max_checks.
- Disable any IPS during the Nessus scan