SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Extended Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Use-after-free vulnerability in DCCP socket (CVE-2017-8824, Important)
* kernel: v4l2: disabled memory access protection mechanism allowing privilege escalation (CVE-2017-13166, Important)
* kernel: Incorrect type conversion for size during dma allocation (CVE-2017-9725, Moderate)
* kernel: Use-after-free in snd_seq_ioctl_create_port() (CVE-2017-15265, Moderate)
* kernel: Missing namespace check in net/netlink/af_netlink.c allows for network monitors to observe systemwide activity (CVE-2017-17449, Moderate)
* kernel: netfilter: use-after-free in tcpmss_mangle_packet function in net/ netfilter/xt_TCPMSS.c (CVE-2017-18017, Moderate)
* kernel: kvm: Reachable BUG() on out-of-bounds guest IRQ (CVE-2017-1000252, Moderate)
* kernel: Stack information leak in the EFS element (CVE-2017-1000410, Moderate)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Mohamed Ghannam for reporting CVE-2017-8824; Jan H. Schonherr (Amazon) for reporting CVE-2017-1000252; and Armis Labs for reporting CVE-2017-1000410.
Bug Fix(es) :
These updated kernel packages include also numerous bug fixes. Space precludes documenting all of these bug fixes in this advisory. See the bug fix descriptions in the related Knowledge Article:
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.