RHEL 7 : Virtualization (RHSA-2018:1104)
High Nessus Plugin ID 109070
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm-rhev is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm-rhev packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM in environments managed by Red Hat products.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
qemu-kvm-rhev (2.10.0). (BZ#1470749)
Security Fix(es) :
* Qemu: stack-based buffer overflow in NBD server triggered via long export name (CVE-2017-15118)
* Qemu: DoS via large option request (CVE-2017-15119)
* Qemu: vga: OOB read access during display update (CVE-2017-13672)
* Qemu: vga: reachable assert failure during display update (CVE-2017-13673)
* Qemu: Slirp: use-after-free when sending response (CVE-2017-13711)
* Qemu: memory exhaustion through framebuffer update request message in VNC server (CVE-2017-15124)
* Qemu: I/O: potential memory exhaustion via websock connection to VNC (CVE-2017-15268)
* Qemu: Out-of-bounds read in vga_draw_text routine (CVE-2018-5683)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank David Buchanan for reporting CVE-2017-13672 and CVE-2017-13673; Wjjzhang (Tencent.com) for reporting CVE-2017-13711; and Jiang Xin and Lin ZheCheng for reporting CVE-2018-5683. The CVE-2017-15118 and CVE-2017-15119 issues were discovered by Eric Blake (Red Hat) and the CVE-2017-15124 issue was discovered by Daniel Berrange (Red Hat).
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.