New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel 4.12, 3.10, 2.6 and possibly earlier versions a race condition vulnerability exists in the sound system, this can lead to a deadlock and denial of service condition.(CVE-2018-1000004)
- drivers/input/serio/i8042.c in the Linux kernel before 4.12.4 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact because the port-i1/4zexists value can change after it is validated.(CVE-2017-18079)
- The acpi_smbus_hc_add function in drivers/acpi/sbshc.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.15 allows local users to obtain sensitive address information by reading dmesg data from an SBS HC printk call.(CVE-2018-5750)
- The futex_requeue function in kernel/futex.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.14.15, might allow attackers to cause a denial of service (integer overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impacts by triggering a negative wake or requeue value. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2018-6927)
- The Linux kernel, before version 4.14.3, is vulnerable to a denial of service in drivers/md/dm.c:dm_get_from_kobject() which can be caused by local users leveraging a race condition with
__dm_destroy() during creation and removal of DM devices. Only privileged local users (with CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability) can directly perform the ioctl operations for dm device creation and removal and this would typically be outside the direct control of the unprivileged attacker.(CVE-2017-18203)
- The madvise_willneed function in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) by triggering use of MADVISE_WILLNEED for a DAX mapping.(CVE-2017-18208)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.