New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for eap7-jboss-ec2-eap is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1.1 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1.1 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The eap7-jboss-ec2-eap packages provide scripts for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform running on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
With this update, the eap7-jboss-ec2-eap package has been updated to ensure compatibility with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1.1
Refer to the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.1 Release Notes, linked to in the References section, for information on the most significant bug fixes and enhancements included in this release.
Security Fix(es) :
* artemis/hornetq: memory exhaustion via UDP and JGroups discovery (CVE-2017-12174)
* infinispan: Unsafe deserialization of malicious object injected into data cache (CVE-2017-15089)
* jackson-databind: Unsafe deserialization due to incomplete black list (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-7525) (CVE-2017-15095)
* jackson-databind: Unsafe deserialization due to incomplete black list (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-15095) (CVE-2017-17485)
* resteasy: Vary header not added by CORS filter leading to cache poisoning (CVE-2017-7561)
* undertow: Client can use bogus uri in Digest authentication (CVE-2017-12196)
* undertow: ALLOW_ENCODED_SLASH option not taken into account in the AjpRequestParser (CVE-2018-1048)
* jackson-databind: unsafe deserialization due to incomplete blacklist (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-7525 and CVE-2017-17485) (CVE-2018-5968)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected eap7-jboss-ec2-eap and / or eap7-jboss-ec2-eap-samples packages.