OracleVM 3.3 : dhcp (OVMSA-2018-0024)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 107249
SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- Added oracle-errwarn-message.patch
- Resolves: #1550085 - CVE-2018-5733 Avoid reference overflow
- Resolves: #1550083 - CVE-2018-5732 Avoid options buffer overflow
- Resolves: #1063217 - failover hangs with both potential-conflict
- Resolves: #1363790 - dhclient does not update routing table after the lease   expiry
- Resolves: #1321945 - dhclient hook script for Azure cloud
- send unicast request/release via correct interface (#1297445)
- Lease table overflow crash. (#1133917)
- Add ignore-client-uids option. (#1196768)
- dhclient-script: it's OK if the arping reply comes from our system. (#1204095)
- VLAN ID is only bottom 12-bits of TCI. (#1259552)
- dhclient: Make sure link-local address is ready in stateless mode. (#1263466)
- dhclient-script: make_resolv_conf: Keep old nameservers   if server sends domain-name/search, but no nameservers. (#1269595)
- Fix dhcrelay init script too. (#1187967)
- Actually take IB MAC address into account when creating seed (#1185075)
- Improve seeding the random number generator in dhclient (#1185075)
- Fix dhcrelay6 init script (#1187967)
- dhcrelay -6 was not working due to patch for #1001742 (#1151054)
- option 97 - pxe-client-id (#1058674)
- dhclient-script: PREINIT6: make sure link-local address is available (#1130804)
- dhcpd generates spurious responses when seeing requests   from vlans on plain interface (#1150587)
- Fix dhcpd/dhcrelay segfault if interface name longer than IFNAMSIZ (#1102662)
- Fix parsing of lease file dates & times on 64-bit platforms (#1099698)
- Fix dhcpd.leases reverting to root:root on every dhcpd start (#1067142)   New patch 'paranoia' merged with older 'paranoia-pid' patch
- Add init script for dhcrelay IPv6 version (#1053155)
- Fix handling of UDP packets with checksum 0xffff.
- Add GUIDs in the DHCP logs for IPoIB. (#1064416)
- Rotate the lease file when running in v6 mode.
- Resolves: #1001742 - dhclient: Make setsockopt not-fatal also for SO_REUSEPORT
- Resolves: #1001742 - dhclient: Bind socket to interface also for IPv6
- Don't crash on aliased infiniband interface. (#996518)
- various memory leaks in omapi (#978420)
- Modify the reply handling in the server code to send to a specified port   rather than to the source port for the incoming message. (#952126)
- Multiple key statements in zone definition causes inappropriate error (#919221)
- Make sure range6 is correct for subnet6 where it's declared (#902966)
- Relay no longer crashes, when DHCP packet is received over interface   without any IPv4 address assigned.
- Expose next-server DHCPv4 option to dhclient script.
SolutionUpdate the affected dhclient / dhcp-common packages.