RHEL 6 / 7 : Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1.0 Service Pack 2 (RHSA-2018:0466)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 107208
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 for RHEL 6 and Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache HTTP Server, the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, Apache Tomcat Connector (mod_jk), JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), Hibernate, and the Tomcat Native library.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 Service Pack 2 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1, and includes bug fixes, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
Security Fix(es) :
* apr: Out-of-bounds array deref in apr_time_exp*() functions (CVE-2017-12613)
* tomcat: Remote Code Execution via JSP Upload (CVE-2017-12615)
* tomcat: Information Disclosure when using VirtualDirContext (CVE-2017-12616)
* tomcat: Remote Code Execution bypass for CVE-2017-12615 (CVE-2017-12617)
* tomcat-native: Mishandling of client certificates can allow for OCSP check bypass (CVE-2017-15698)
* tomcat: Incorrect handling of empty string URL in security constraints can lead to unintended exposure of resources (CVE-2018-1304)
* tomcat: Late application of security constraints can lead to resource exposure for unauthorised users (CVE-2018-1305)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.