SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 for RHEL 6 and Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache HTTP Server, the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, Apache Tomcat Connector (mod_jk), JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), Hibernate, and the Tomcat Native library.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 Service Pack 2 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1, and includes bug fixes, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
Security Fix(es) :
* apr: Out-of-bounds array deref in apr_time_exp*() functions (CVE-2017-12613)
* tomcat: Remote Code Execution via JSP Upload (CVE-2017-12615)
* tomcat: Information Disclosure when using VirtualDirContext (CVE-2017-12616)
* tomcat: Remote Code Execution bypass for CVE-2017-12615 (CVE-2017-12617)
* tomcat-native: Mishandling of client certificates can allow for OCSP check bypass (CVE-2017-15698)
* tomcat: Incorrect handling of empty string URL in security constraints can lead to unintended exposure of resources (CVE-2018-1304)
* tomcat: Late application of security constraints can lead to resource exposure for unauthorised users (CVE-2018-1305)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.