Fedora 27 : knot-resolver (2018-fe5a6ed3b7)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 107041
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionKnot Resolver 2.1.0 (2018-02-16) ================================
- stats: remove tracking of expiring records (predict uses another way)
- systemd: re-use a single kresd.socket and kresd-tls.socket
- ta_sentinel: implement protocol draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-01 (our draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-00 implementation had inverted logic)
- libknot: require version 2.6.4 or newer to get bugfixes for DNS-over-TLS
- detect_time_jump module: don't clear cache on suspend-resume (#284)
- stats module: fix stats.list() returning nothing, regressed in 2.0.0
- policy.TLS_FORWARD: refusal when configuring with multiple IPs (#306)
- cache: fix broken refresh of insecure records that were about to expire
- fix the hints module on some systems, e.g. Fedora (came back on 2.0.0)
- build with older gnutls (conditionally disable features)
- fix the predict module to work with insecure records & cleanup code
Knot Resolver 2.0.0 (2018-01-31) ================================
- systemd: change unit files to allow running multiple instances, deployments with single instance now must use `[email protected]` instead of `kresd.service`; see kresd.systemd(7) for details
- systemd: the directory for cache is now /var/cache/knot-resolver
- unify default directory and user to `knot-resolver`
- directory with trust anchor file specified by -k option must be writeable
- policy module is now loaded by default to enforce RFC 6761; see documentation for policy.PASS if you use locally-served DNS zones
- drop support for alternative cache backends memcached, redis, and for Lua bindings for some specific cache operations
- REORDER_RR option is not implemented (temporarily)
- aggressive caching of validated records (RFC 8198) for NSEC zones; thanks to ICANN for sponsoring this work.
- forwarding over TLS, authenticated by SPKI pin or certificate. policy.TLS_FORWARD pipelines queries out-of-order over shared TLS connection Beware: Some resolvers do not support out-of-order query processing.
TLS forwarding to such resolvers will lead to slower resolution or failures.
- trust anchors: you may specify a read-only file via -K or --keyfile-ro
- trust anchors: at build-time you may set KEYFILE_DEFAULT (read-only)
- ta_sentinel module implements draft ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-00, enabled by default
- serve_stale module is prototype, subject to change
- extended API for Lua modules
- fix build on osx - regressed in 1.5.3 (different linker option name)
Knot Resolver 1.5.3 (2018-01-23) ================================
- fix the hints module on some systems, e.g. Fedora.
Symptom: `undefined symbol: engine_hint_root_file`
Knot Resolver 1.5.2 (2018-01-22) ================================
- fix CVE-2018-1000002: insufficient DNSSEC validation, allowing attackers to deny existence of some data by forging packets. Some combinations pointed out in RFC 6840 sections 4.1 and 4.3 were not taken into account.
- memcached: fix fallout from module rename in 1.5.1
Knot Resolver 1.5.1 (2017-12-12) ================================
- script supervisor.py was removed, please migrate to a real process manager
- module ketcd was renamed to etcd for consistency
- module kmemcached was renamed to memcached for consistency
- fix SIGPIPE crashes (#271)
- tests: work around out-of-space for platforms with larger memory pages
- lua: fix mistakes in bindings affecting 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 (and 1.99.1-alpha), potentially causing problems in dns64 and workarounds modules
- predict module: various fixes (!399)
- add priming module to implement RFC 8109, enabled by default (#220)
- add modules helping with system time problems, enabled by default; for details see documentation of detect_time_skew and detect_time_jump
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected knot-resolver package.