EulerOS 2.0 SP2 : gimp (EulerOS-SA-2018-1023)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 106164
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the gimp packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In GIMP 2.8.22, there is a heap-based buffer over-read in load_image in plug-ins/common/file-gbr.c in the gbr import parser, related to mishandling of UTF-8 data.(CVE-2017-17784)
- In GIMP 2.8.22, there is a heap-based buffer overflow in the fli_read_brun function in plug-ins/file-fli/fli.c.(CVE-2017-17785)
- In GIMP 2.8.22, there is a heap-based buffer over-read in ReadImage in plug-ins/common/file-tga.c (related to bgr2rgb.part.1) via an unexpected bits-per-pixel value for an RGBA image.(CVE-2017-17786)
- In GIMP 2.8.22, there is a heap-based buffer over-read in read_creator_block in plug-ins/common/file-psp.c.(CVE-2017-1778)
- In GIMP 2.8.22, there is a stack-based buffer over-read in xcf_load_stream in app/xcf/xcf.c when there is no '\\0' character after the version string.(CVE-2017-17788)
- In GIMP 2.8.22, there is a heap-based buffer overflow in read_channel_data in plug-ins/common/file-psp.c.(CVE-2017-17789)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected gimp packages.