SynopsisThe remote Windows host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote Windows host is missing multiple security updates released on 2018/01/03. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An information disclosure vulnerabilities exists in the way that the Color Management Module (ICM32.dll) handles objects in memory. This vulnerability allows an attacker to retrieve information to bypass usermode ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) on a targeted system. By itself, the information disclosure does not allow arbitrary code execution. However, it could allow arbitrary code to be run if the attacker uses it in combination with another vulnerability. (CVE-2018-0741)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the Windows kernel that could allow an attacker to retrieve information that could lead to a Kernel Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) bypass. (CVE-2018-0747)
- An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in the way that the Windows Kernel API enforces permissions. An attacker who successfully exploits the vulnerability could impersonate processes, interject cross-process communication, or interrupt system functionality. (CVE-2018-0748)
- An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB) server when an attacker who has valid credentials attempts to open a specially crafted file over the SMB protocol on the same machine. An attacker who successfully exploits this vulnerability could bypass certain security checks in the operating system. (CVE-2018-0749)
- A Win32k information disclosure vulnerability exists when the Windows GDI component improperly discloses kernel memory addresses. An attacker who successfully exploits the vulnerability could obtain information to further compromise the user's system. (CVE-2018-0750)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in Adobe Type Manager Font Driver (ATMFD.dll) when it fails to properly handle objects in memory. An attacker who successfully exploits the vulnerability could obtain information to enable the attacker to further compromise the user's system.
SolutionApply the following security updates :