New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- arch/x86/kvm/mmu.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.5, when nested virtualisation is used, does not properly traverse guest pagetable entries to resolve a guest virtual address, which allows L1 guest OS users to execute arbitrary code on the host OS or cause a denial of service (incorrect index during page walking, and host OS crash), aka an MMU potential stack buffer overrun.(CVE-2017-12188)
- A vulnerability was found in the Key Management sub component of the Linux kernel, where when trying to issue a KEYTCL_READ on negative key would lead to a NULL pointer dereference. A local attacker could use this flaw to crash the kernel.(CVE-2017-12192)
- security/keys/keyctl.c in the Linux kernel before 4.11.5 does not consider the case of a NULL payload in conjunction with a nonzero length value, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) via a crafted add_key or keyctl system call, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-12192.(CVE-2017-15274)
- Linux kernel: heap out-of-bounds in AF_PACKET sockets.
This new issue is analogous to previously disclosed CVE-2016-8655. In both cases, a socket option that changes socket state may race with safety checks in packet_set_ring. Previously with PACKET_VERSION. This time with PACKET_RESERVE. The solution is similar: lock the socket for the update. This issue may be exploitable, we did not investigate further. As this issue affects PF_PACKET sockets, it requires CAP_NET_RAW in the process namespace. But note that with user namespaces enabled, any process can create a namespace in which it has CAP_NET_RAW.(CVE-2017-1000111)
- Use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel before 4.14-rc5 allows local users to have unspecified impact via vectors related to /dev/snd/seq.(CVE-2017-15265)
- net/packet/af_packet.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.6 allows local users to gain privileges via crafted system calls that trigger mishandling of packet_fanout data structures, because of a race condition (involving fanout_add and packet_do_bind) that leads to a use-after-free, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-6346.(CVE-2017-15649)
- The sg_ioctl function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.4 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from uninitialized kernel heap-memory locations via an SG_GET_REQUEST_TABLE ioctl call for /dev/sg0.(CVE-2017-14991)
- An exploitable memory corruption flaw was found in the Linux kernel. The append path can be erroneously switched from UFO to non-UFO in ip_ufo_append_data() when building an UFO packet with MSG_MORE option. If unprivileged user namespaces are available, this flaw can be exploited to gain root privileges.(CVE-2017-1000112)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.