New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ImageMagick packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A heap-based buffer overflow in WritePCXImage in coders/pcx.c in ImageMagick 7.0.6-8 Q16 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or code execution via a crafted file.(CVE-2017-14224)
- GetNextToken in MagickCore/token.c in ImageMagick 7.0.6 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer overflow and application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted SVG document, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-10928.(CVE-2017-14682)
- ImageMagick version 7.0.7-2 contains a memory leak in ReadYUVImage in coders/yuv.c.(CVE-2017-15033)
- ImageMagick 7.0.7-0 Q16 has a NULL pointer dereference vulnerability in ReadEnhMetaFile in coders/emf.c.(CVE-2017-15016)
- ImageMagick 7.0.7-0 Q16 has a NULL pointer dereference vulnerability in ReadOneMNGImage in coders/png.c.(CVE-2017-15017)
- ImageMagick 7.0.6-2 has a memory leak vulnerability in WriteMSLImage in coders/msl.c.(CVE-2017-14139)
- ReadPSDImage in coders/psd.c in ImageMagick 7.0.7-6 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted file, related to 'Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s).'(CVE-2017-15281)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ImageMagick packages.