SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address critical security updates :
- add disable monitor to default ntp.conf [CVE-2013-5211]
- fix buffer overflow in datum refclock driver (CVE-2017-6462)
- fix crash with invalid unpeer command (CVE-2017-6463)
- fix potential crash with invalid server command (CVE-2017-6464)
- don't limit rate of packets from sources (CVE-2016-7426)
- don't change interface from received packets (CVE-2016-7429)
- fix calculation of root distance again (CVE-2016-7433)
- require authentication for trap commands (CVE-2016-9310)
- fix crash when reporting peer event to trappers (CVE-2016-9311)
- don't allow spoofed packets to demobilize associations (CVE-2015-7979, CVE-2016-1547)
- don't allow spoofed packet to enable symmetric interleaved mode (CVE-2016-1548)
- check mode of new source in config command (CVE-2016-2518)
- make MAC check resilient against timing attack (CVE-2016-1550)
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp / ntpdate packages.