SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update addresses various minor issues in the glibc package :
- The DNS stub resolver now picks up changes to `/etc/resolv.conf` automatically (RHBZ#1374239).
- The DNS stub resolver supports an unlimited number of search domains (RHBZ#168253).
- CVE-2015-5180, a segmentation fault potentially affecting applications which use the DNS stub resolver in an unusual way, has been fixed (RHBZ#1251403).
- `/var/db/Makefile` is now shipped in the `nss_db` package (RHBZ#1498900).
- The IBM858 character set is now supported (RHBZ#1416405).
- The `compat` NSS service module is again part of the main glibc package (RHBZ#1400538).
- A pointer alignment/endianess issue was fixed in the NSS group merging implementation (RHBZ#1471985).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc package.