RHEL 7 : JBoss EAP (RHSA-2017:2808)
High Nessus Plugin ID 103526
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications based on the JBoss Application Server.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.8 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.7, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
Security Fix(es) :
* It was found that when using remote logging with log4j socket server the log4j server would deserialize any log event received via TCP or UDP. An attacker could use this flaw to send a specially crafted log event that, during deserialization, would execute arbitrary code in the context of the logger application. (CVE-2017-5645)
* A vulnerability was found in Jasypt that would allow an attacker to perform a timing attack on password hash comparison. (CVE-2014-9970)
* It was found that an information disclosure flaw in Bouncy Castle could enable a local malicious application to gain access to user's private information. (CVE-2015-6644)
* It was found that while parsing the SAML messages the StaxParserUtil class of Picketlink replaces special strings for obtaining attribute values with system property. This could allow an attacker to determine values of system properties at the attacked system by formatting the SAML request ID field to be the chosen system property which could be obtained in the 'InResponseTo' field in the response. (CVE-2017-2582)
* It was found that when the security manager's reflective permissions, which allows it to access the private members of the class, are granted to Hibernate Validator, a potential privilege escalation can occur. By allowing the calling code to access those private members without the permission an attacker may be able to validate an invalid instance and access the private member value via ConstraintViolation#getInvalidValue(). (CVE-2017-7536)
The CVE-2017-2582 issue was discovered by Hynek Mlnarik (Red Hat) and the CVE-2017-7536 issue was discovered by Gunnar Morling (Red Hat).
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.