RHEL 7 : Mobile Application Platform (RHSA-2017:2674)
High Nessus Plugin ID 103349
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update is now available for Red Hat Mobile Application Platform 4.5.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Mobile Application Platform (RHMAP) 4.5 is delivered as a set of Docker-formatted container images.
In addition to the images, several components are delivered as RPMs :
* OpenShift templates used to deploy an RHMAP Core and MBaaS
* The fh-system-dump-tool allows you to analyze all the projects running in an OpenShift cluster and reports any problems discovered.
For more information, see the Operations Guide
The following RPMs are included in the RHMAP container images, and are provided here only for completeness :
* The Nagios server, which is used to monitor the status of RHMAP components, is installed inside the Nagios container image.
This release serves as an update for Red Hat Mobile Application Platform 4.4.3. It includes bug fixes and enhancements. Refer to the Red Hat Mobile Application Platform 4.5.0 Release Notes for information about the most significant bug fixes and enhancements included in this release.
Nagios is a program that monitors hosts and services on your network, and has the ability to send email or page alerts when a problem arises or is resolved.
Security Fix(es) :
* A shell command injection flaw related to the handling of 'ssh' URLs has been discovered in Git. An attacker could use this flaw to execute shell commands with the privileges of the user running the Git client, for example, when performing a 'clone' action on a malicious repository or a legitimate repository containing a malicious commit.
* A flaw was discovered in the file editor of millicore which allows files to be executed as well as created. An attacker could use this flaw to compromise other users or teams projects stored in source control management of the RHMAP Core installation. (CVE-2017-7552)
* The external_request api call in App Studio (millicore) allows server side request forgery (SSRF). An attacker could use this flaw to probe the network internal resources and access restricted endpoints.
Red Hat would like to thank Tomas Rzepka for reporting CVE-2017-7552, CVE-2017-7553 and CVE-2017-7554.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.