New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.2
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the tomcat packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The Realm implementations did not process the supplied password if the supplied user name did not exist. This made a timing attack possible to determine valid user names. Note that the default configuration includes the LockOutRealm which makes exploitation of this vulnerability harder. (CVE-2016-0762)
- It was discovered that a malicious web application could bypass a configured SecurityManager via a Tomcat utility method that was accessible to web applications.
- It was discovered that when a SecurityManager was configured, Tomcat's system property replacement feature for configuration files could be used by a malicious web application to bypass the SecurityManager and read system properties that should not be visible.
- It was discovered that a malicious web application could bypass a configured SecurityManager via manipulation of the configuration parameters for the JSP Servlet. (CVE-2016-6796)
- It was discovered that it was possible for a web application to access any global JNDI resource whether an explicit ResourceLink had been configured or not.
- A vulnerability was discovered in tomcat. When running an untrusted application under a SecurityManager it was possible, under some circumstances, for that application to retain references to the request or response objects and thereby access and/or modify information associated with another web application.(CVE-2017-5648)
- A vulnerability was discovered in the error page mechanism in Tomcat's DefaultServlet implementation. A crafted HTTP request could cause undesired side effects, possibly including the removal or replacement of the custom error page.(CVE-2017-5664)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected tomcat packages.