New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The mq_notify function in the Linux kernel through 4.11.9 does not set the sock pointer to NULL upon entry into the retry logic. During a user-space close of a Netlink socket, it allows attackers to cause a denial of service (use-after-free) or possibly have unspecified other impact.(CVE-2017-11176)
- The brcmf_cfg80211_mgmt_tx function in drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/ cfg80211.c in the Linux kernel before 4.12.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (buffer overflow and system crash) or possibly gain privileges via a crafted NL80211_CMD_FRAME Netlink packet.(CVE-2017-7541)
- The ip6_find_1stfragopt function in net/ipv6/output_core.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (integer overflow and infinite loop) by leveraging the ability to open a raw socket.(CVE-2017-7542)
- Buffer overflow in the mp_override_legacy_irq() function in arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.2 allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-11473)
- net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.3, when CONFIG_XFRM_MIGRATE is enabled, does not ensure that the dir value of xfrm_userpolicy_id is XFRM_POLICY_MAX or less, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds access) or possibly have unspecified other impact via an XFRM_MSG_MIGRATE xfrm Netlink message.(CVE-2017-11600)
- It was discovered that root can gain direct access to an internal keyring, such as '.dns_resolver' in RHEL-7 or '.builtin_trusted_keys' upstream, by joining it as its session keyring. This allows root to bypass module signature verification by adding a new public key of its own devising to the keyring.(CVE-2016-9604)
- A user-controlled buffer is copied into a local buffer of constant size using strcpy without a length check which can cause a buffer overflow. This affects the Linux kernel 4.9-stable tree, 4.12-stable tree, 3.18-stable tree, and 4.4-stable tree.(CVE-2017-12762)
- The Linux Kernel imposes a size restriction on the arguments and environmental strings passed through RLIMIT_STACK/RLIM_INFINITY (1/4 of the size), but does not take the argument and environment pointers into account, which allows attackers to bypass this limitation. This affects Linux Kernel versions 4.11.5 and earlier. It appears that this feature was introduced in the Linux Kernel version 2.6.23.(CVE-2017-1000365)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.