Scientific Linux Security Update : tomcat on SL7.x (noarch)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 102664
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
Security Fix(es) :
- The Realm implementations did not process the supplied password if the supplied user name did not exist. This made a timing attack possible to determine valid user names. Note that the default configuration includes the LockOutRealm which makes exploitation of this vulnerability harder. (CVE-2016-0762)
- It was discovered that a malicious web application could bypass a configured SecurityManager via a Tomcat utility method that was accessible to web applications.
- It was discovered that when a SecurityManager was configured, Tomcat's system property replacement feature for configuration files could be used by a malicious web application to bypass the SecurityManager and read system properties that should not be visible.
- It was discovered that a malicious web application could bypass a configured SecurityManager via manipulation of the configuration parameters for the JSP Servlet.
- It was discovered that it was possible for a web application to access any global JNDI resource whether an explicit ResourceLink had been configured or not.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.