RHEL 7 : httpd (RHSA-2017:2479)
High Nessus Plugin ID 102519
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for httpd is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The httpd packages provide the Apache HTTP Server, a powerful, efficient, and extensible web server.
Security Fix(es) :
* It was discovered that the httpd's mod_auth_digest module did not properly initialize memory before using it when processing certain headers related to digest authentication. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to disclose potentially sensitive information or cause httpd child process to crash by sending specially crafted requests to a server. (CVE-2017-9788)
* It was discovered that the use of httpd's ap_get_basic_auth_pw() API function outside of the authentication phase could lead to authentication bypass. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to bypass required authentication if the API was used incorrectly by one of the modules used by httpd. (CVE-2017-3167)
* A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the httpd's mod_ssl module. A remote attacker could use this flaw to cause an httpd child process to crash if another module used by httpd called a certain API function during the processing of an HTTPS request. (CVE-2017-3169)
* A buffer over-read flaw was found in the httpd's ap_find_token() function. A remote attacker could use this flaw to cause httpd child process to crash via a specially crafted HTTP request. (CVE-2017-7668)
* A buffer over-read flaw was found in the httpd's mod_mime module. A user permitted to modify httpd's MIME configuration could use this flaw to cause httpd child process to crash. (CVE-2017-7679)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.