New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Linux kernel that may lead to a privilege escalation, denial of service or information leaks.
- CVE-2017-7346 Li Qiang discovered that the DRM driver for VMware virtual GPUs does not properly check user-controlled values in the vmw_surface_define_ioctl() functions for upper limits. A local user can take advantage of this flaw to cause a denial of service.
- CVE-2017-7482 Shi Lei discovered that RxRPC Kerberos 5 ticket handling code does not properly verify metadata, leading to information disclosure, denial of service or potentially execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2017-7533 Fan Wu and Shixiong Zhao discovered a race condition between inotify events and VFS rename operations allowing an unprivileged local attacker to cause a denial of service or escalate privileges.
- CVE-2017-7541 A buffer overflow flaw in the Broadcom IEEE802.11n PCIe SoftMAC WLAN driver could allow a local user to cause kernel memory corruption, leading to a denial of service or potentially privilege escalation.
- CVE-2017-7542 An integer overflow vulnerability in the ip6_find_1stfragopt() function was found allowing a local attacker with privileges to open raw sockets to cause a denial of service.
- CVE-2017-9605 Murray McAllister discovered that the DRM driver for VMware virtual GPUs does not properly initialize memory, potentially allowing a local attacker to obtain sensitive information from uninitialized kernel memory via a crafted ioctl call.
- CVE-2017-10810 Li Qiang discovered a memory leak flaw within the VirtIO GPU driver resulting in denial of service (memory consumption).
- CVE-2017-10911 / XSA-216 Anthony Perard of Citrix discovered an information leak flaw in Xen blkif response handling, allowing a malicious unprivileged guest to obtain sensitive information from the host or other guests.
- CVE-2017-11176 It was discovered that the mq_notify() function does not set the sock pointer to NULL upon entry into the retry logic. An attacker can take advantage of this flaw during a user-space close of a Netlink socket to cause a denial of service or potentially cause other impact.
- CVE-2017-1000365 It was discovered that argument and environment pointers are not taken properly into account to the imposed size restrictions on arguments and environmental strings passed through RLIMIT_STACK/RLIMIT_INFINITY. A local attacker can take advantage of this flaw in conjunction with other flaws to execute arbitrary code.
SolutionUpgrade the linux packages.
For the oldstable distribution (jessie), these problems will be fixed in a subsequent DSA.
For the stable distribution (stretch), these problems have been fixed in version 4.9.30-2+deb9u3.