New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.8
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update updates QtWebEngine to the 5.9.0 release. QtWebEngine 5.9.0 is part of the Qt 5.9.0 release, but only the QtWebEngine component is included in this update.
The update fixes the following security issues in QtWebEngine 5.8.0:
CVE-2017-5006, CVE-2017-5007, CVE-2017-5008, CVE-2017-5009, CVE-2017-5010, CVE-2017-5011, CVE-2017-5012, CVE-2017-5013, CVE-2017-5014, CVE-2017-5015, CVE-2017-5016, CVE-2017-5017, CVE-2017-5018, CVE-2017-5019, CVE-2017-5020, CVE-2017-5021, CVE-2017-5022, CVE-2017-5023, CVE-2017-5024, CVE-2017-5025, CVE-2017-5026, CVE-2017-5027, CVE-2017-5029, CVE-2017-5032, CVE-2017-5033, CVE-2017-5034, CVE-2017-5036, CVE-2017-5039, CVE-2017-5040, CVE-2017-5044, CVE-2017-5045, CVE-2017-5046, CVE-2017-5052, CVE-2017-5053, CVE-2017-5055, CVE-2017-5057, CVE-2017-5058, CVE-2017-5059, CVE-2017-5060, CVE-2017-5061, CVE-2017-5062, CVE-2017-5065, CVE-2017-5066, CVE-2017-5067, CVE-2017-5068, and CVE-2017-5069.
Other important changes include :
- Based on Chromium 56.0.2924.122 with security fixes from Chromium up to version 58.0.3029.96. (5.8.0 was based on Chromium 53.0.2785.148 with security fixes from Chromium up to version 55.0.2883.75.)
- [QTBUG-54650, QTBUG-59922] Accessibility is now disabled by default on Linux, like it is in Chrome, due to poor options for enabling it conditionally and its heavy performance impact. Set the environment variable `QTWEBENGINE_ENABLE_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY` to enable it again.
- [QTBUG-56531] Enabled `filesystem:` protocol handler.
- [QTBUG-57720] Optimized incremental scene-graph rendering in particular for software rendering.
- [QTBUG-60049] Enabled brotli support.
- Many bug fixes, see https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebengine.git/tree/dist/cha nges-5.9.0?h=5.9 for details.
In addition, this build includes a fix for https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61521 , a binary incompatibility in QtWebEngine 5.9.0 compared to 5.8.0.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qt5-qtwebengine package.