New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ntp packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- ntpq in NTP before 4.2.8p7 allows remote attackers to obtain origin timestamps and then impersonate peers via unspecified vectors.(CVE-2015-8139)
- NTP before 4.2.8p7 and 4.3.x before 4.3.92, when mode7 is enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (ntpd abort) by using the same IP address multiple times in an unconfig directive.(CVE-2016-2516)
- The process_packet function in ntp_proto.c in ntpd in NTP 4.x before 4.2.8p8 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (peer-variable modification) by sending spoofed packets from many source IP addresses in a certain scenario, as demonstrated by triggering an incorrect leap indication.(CVE-2016-4954)
- ntpd in NTP 4.x before 4.2.8p8, when autokey is enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (peer-variable clearing and association outage) by sending (1) a spoofed crypto-NAK packet or (2) a packet with an incorrect MAC value at a certain time.(CVE-2016-4955)
- ntpd in NTP 4.x before 4.2.8p8 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (interleaved-mode transition and time change) via a spoofed broadcast packet. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2016-1548.(CVE-2016-4956)
- Buffer overflow in the legacy Datum Programmable Time Server (DPTS) refclock driver in NTP before 4.2.8p10 and 4.3.x before 4.3.94 allows local users to have unspecified impact via a crafted /dev/datum device.(CVE-2017-6462)
- NTP before 4.2.8p10 and 4.3.x before 4.3.94 allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via an invalid setting in a :config directive, related to the unpeer option.(CVE-2017-6463)
- NTP before 4.2.8p10 and 4.3.x before 4.3.94 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (ntpd crash) via a malformed mode configuration directive.(CVE-2017-6464)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ntp packages.