SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* It was found that the packet_set_ring() function of the Linux kernel's networking implementation did not properly validate certain block-size data. A local attacker with CAP_NET_RAW capability could use this flaw to trigger a buffer overflow, resulting in the crash of the system. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out. (CVE-2017-7308, Important)
* Mounting a crafted EXT4 image read-only leads to an attacker controlled memory corruption and SLAB-Out-of-Bounds reads.
* A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of seq_file where a local attacker could manipulate memory in the put() function pointer. This could lead to memory corruption and possible privileged escalation. (CVE-2016-7910, Moderate)
* A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel. An unprivileged local user could trigger oops in shash_async_export() by attempting to force the in-kernel hashing algorithms into decrypting an empty data set.
Red Hat would like to thank Igor Redko (Virtuozzo kernel team) for reporting CVE-2016-8646.
Bug Fix(es) :
* The kernel-rt packages have been upgraded to the 3.10.0-514 source tree, which provides a number of bug fixes over the previous version.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.