New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisA web browser installed on the remote macOS or Mac OS X host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Apple Safari installed on the remote macOS or Mac OS X host is prior to 10.1.1. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified flaw exists in the history menu functionality. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service condition.
- Multiple memory corruption issues exist in the WebKit component due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit these issues, by convincing a user to visit a specially crafted website, to execute arbitrary code.
(CVE-2017-2496, CVE-2017-2505, CVE-2017-2506, CVE-2017-2514, CVE-2017-2515, CVE-2017-2521, CVE-2017-2525, CVE-2017-2526, CVE-2017-2530, CVE-2017-2531, CVE-2017-2538, CVE-2017-2539, CVE-2017-2544, CVE-2017-2547, CVE-2017-6980, CVE-2017-6984)
- A memory corruption issue exists in the WebKit Web Inspector component that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- An address bar spoofing vulnerability exists due to improper state management. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to spoof the address in the address bar. (CVE-2017-2500, CVE-2017-2511)
- Multiple universal cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities exist in WebKit due to improper handling of WebKit Editor commands, container nodes, pageshow events, frame loading, and cached frames. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted web page, to execute arbitrary script code in a user's browser session. (CVE-2017-2504, CVE-2017-2508, CVE-2017-2510, CVE-2017-2528, CVE-2017-2549)
- Multiple unspecified flaws exist in WebKit that allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code by using specially crafted web content. (CVE-2017-2536)
SolutionUpgrade to Apple Safari version 10.1.1 or later.