SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vunerabilities.
DescriptionVersions earlier than Apache Tomcat 6.0.36 are potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists within the parseHeaders() function that could allow for a crafted header to cause a remote denial of service. (CVE-2012-2733)
- An error exists related to FORM authentication that can allow security bypass if 'j_security_check' is appended to the request. (CVE-2012-3546)
- An error exists in the file 'filters/CsrfPreventionFilter.java' that can allow cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks to bypass the filtering. This can allow access to protected resources without a session identifier. (CVE-2012-4431)
- An error exists related to the 'NIO' connector when HTTPS and 'sendfile' are enabled that can force the application into an infinite loop. (CVE-2012-4534)
- Replay-countermeasure functionality in HTTP Digest Access Authentication tracks cnonce values instead of nonce values, which makes it easier for attackers to bypass access restrictions by sniffing the network for valid requests. (CVE-2012-5885)
- HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation caches information about the authenticated user, which could potentially allow an attacker to bypass authentication via session ID. (CVE-2012-5886)
- HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation does not properly check for stale nonce values with enforcement of proper credentials, which allows an attacker to bypass restrictions by sniffing requests. (CVE-2012-5887)
SolutionUpgrade to Apache Tomcat 6.0.36 or later.