This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for xen to version 4.7.2 fixes the following issues: These
security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-7228: Broken check in memory_exchange()
permited PV guest breakout (bsc#1030442).
- XSA-206: Unprivileged guests issuing writes to xenstore
were able to stall progress of the control domain or
driver domain, possibly leading to a Denial of Service
(DoS) of the entire host (bsc#1030144).
- CVE-2017-6505: The ohci_service_ed_list function in
hw/usb/hcd-ohci.c allowed local guest OS users to cause
a denial of service (infinite loop) via vectors
involving the number of link endpoint list descriptors
(bsc#1028235). These non-security issues were fixed :
- bsc#1015348: libvirtd didn't not start during boot
- bsc#1014136: kdump couldn't dump a kernel on SLES12-SP2
with Xen hypervisor.
- bsc#1026236: Fixed paravirtualized performance
- bsc#1022555: Timeout in 'execution of
- bsc#1029827: Forward port xenstored
- bsc#1029128: Make xen to really produce xen.efi with
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.0
Public Exploit Available : true